Monday, May 31, 2010

World cup Anthem




Wavin' flag is the world cup anthem and the students love the song. My ideas was preparing a lesson that I could use the song to teach them sth. First the students just listen to the song, (I've chosen to work with the original version, only in English) then they write down all the words they can hear. After that I give them the lyric and they check how many word they got right. In addition we talk a little bit about the singer and why this song was chosen to be the cup anthem. (they have to give their opinions) Finally we check vocabulary and sing along! PS: you can notice that there are some superlatives and comparatives that you can work with and also a lot of new words, so it is possible to work with monolingual dictionaries. I believe it's too dense for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment